Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Padikkadhavan - Movie Review


I am very much against these movie reviews. And I feel its bit too much writing it for your blog at 3.00AM. Cant help it though. I don’t know whether I will remember everything in the morning.

Well, the one good thing watching a movie at Satyam is that you don’t need to go there to book tickets. You can always book your tickets online. Select your seats and even select your snacks. That ll be delivered to your seat. Well I think that’s too much to ask. Parking will be a bit of problem but that too has been sorted out. Most importantly the whole theater is smoke free and they are strictly maintaining it.

And the second and important aspect of watching movie at Satyam is its good for your eyes. For both boys as well as girls [:P]. Naanga than usuallA 10’o clock moviekku 10.15kku povom. You tend to dress up good even for watching a mokka movie like Villu and ATM.

My friend asked me today morning about going for a night show. Think we were on time for this movie. It initially started with the regular Satyam dolby digital advertisement. Followed up with the safety precautions and explaining the fire exit system. I have not seen this even in some of the multiplex theaters in Mumbai.

Then comes the advertisement part. GRT thangamaaligai where Shreya wearing more ornaments than her dress and ask every one to buy gold from GRT [:P] followed by Visa Card add. The lucky guy with blue t-shirt running at the same place all over the world. Hehe.

Price for popcorn and coke is unimaginable at Satyam. 2 medium coke and a popcorn costs us 130 bucks. I don’t know how it is possible for them to sell coke above the MRP price. The ambiance inside the theatre is very good and sound system is the best in Chennai. You ll surely feel the worth for paying 120 bucks.

Ohh, I completely forgot that I am supposed to write a review.

Well if you call a collection of some telugu scenes, some third rated comedy esp when Vivek dressed up like a girl (I donno how these directing brats will watch movie with their family [:o]), some kevalammana graphics, 4 kuthu songs where they have done the cost cutting for Thamanas dress. (Guys, If you ve watched Kalloori before, pls do not watch this movie as your heart will be broken. Just like mine) and lyrics like Appa amma veliyattu velaiyadi paappoma (thu) and out of reality scenes as a MOVIE, then I am sorry I feel pity for you. Call me as man from stone age. I don’t care. For me

Padikkadhavan = Crap. Period.

3 comments:

Vidhya said...

hey where s the movie review???.......................oh irruka...i din't c tat:P ...anyway satyam review was too gud...lolz..media la movie pathi remba overa build up koduthappave ennaku teriyum....:P

Lancelot said...

@ ramani anna

semma crap movie - but description about Satyam is nostalgic...satyama i miss satyam...and so true kannukku kulirchiyana theatre :P...

well they include entertainemnt tax, luxury tax along with the MRP of Coke- thats why they are within the legal costs...

and everytime after nalli ad comes the movie :P (enna oru aaraichi and kandu pidippu)...


and paavan Atul Kulkarni emmam periya actor intha movie la thalai kaati irukaaru....

Ramani... said...

Yes, thats true Arun... Surely Atul Kulkarni ellam indha maadhiri padathula nadikkave koodadhu...